“Do’s & Don’ts” FOR THE FIREFIGHTER ENSEMBLE:
- Launder gear every 6 months, and more if necessary
- Routinely inspect your gear for signs of damage
- Fasten all closures prior to laundering, ensuring that hooks and snaps are closed and Velcro is covered.
- Machine wash using front load extractor, water temp no warmer than 104 degrees.
- Separate liners and shells when washing
- Dry in a well-vented area out of sunlight
- Only use neutral PH detergent.
- Contact ISP or manufacturer if you have questions about element integrity.
- Store elements where they are exposed to Ultra Violet rays.
- Use chlorine bleach, hydrogen peroxide or fabric softener on any elements.
- Use mechanical tumble dryer
- Use elements that are soiled, torn, or otherwise compromised.
If you want a PDF to download to put above the washer in the station, you can download that here.